Thanksgiving celebration is one of our most memorable days with our loved ones. This celebration takes place on the last Thursday of October among delicious dishes such as baked turkey and pumpkin desserts. This celebration allows families to travel to different cities to meet with friends and family. Did you know that nearly 110 million Americans planned to travel some distance to celebrate Thanksgiving last year?
The combination of parades, discounts, gatherings, and parties increases the risk of potential personal injury.
The eight most common injuries during the Thanksgiving celebration are:
- Car accidents
- Fires and burns injuries
- Slip and fall injuries
- Cooking Accidents
- Black Friday Personal Injuries
- Food poisoning
- Sports accidents
- Dog bites or animal-related injuries
Here are some tips to avoid injuries during this holiday:
- Keep sharp objects out of reach of small children
- Maintain a clear pathway for guests
- Avoid driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs
- Don’t drive if you are fatigued
- Check the weather before and take some precautionary actions
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby
- If you find yourself in traffic, slow down and give other vehicles plenty of space
- Be cautious and aware in parking lots
Being aware of this information would help you to know what to do if you get injured during these days. The most crucial step is to call us right away after your accident. No matter if the injuries look small, contact us to evaluate your case and give you the best legal advice. Our team can help you get the compensation you deserve.
We wish you a very happy and special Thanksgiving!